When is Daddy coming home?
Devieann Francois, Melina Charles and Sybil Israel say they have been unable to answer this question for the last nine years. They are relatives of a group of men, now known as the Marcia 53, whose partly heard cases were before former Chief Magistrate Marcia Ayers-Caesar and now have to be restarted. The men have spent close to a decade in Remand Yard.
Francois, whose husband is among the accused, said: “He’s been very miserable and it’s stressful. He doesn’t know where the case is presently.”
While some people believe that Sheldon Sukhdeo is dead, relatives are still clinging to hope that he will turn up alive even though they have not heard his voice in weeks.
Over the weekend, news surfaced that a Freeport man was assisting the police in finding Sukhdeo. However, police said they still have no information on Sukhdeo’s whereabouts. Several raids were done in December, but police never found Sukhdeo.
We're LIVE: News conference on 2019 International Soca Monarch. View here: https://www.facebook.com/CNC3Television/videos/464025787460893/
Local rice production dropped from 21,000 metric tonnes in 1992 to just 585 metric tonnes last year, a Joint Select Committee (JSC) chaired by Anthony Viera heard from National Flour Mills (NFM) chairman Nigel Romano yesterday.
A 53-year-old man will appear in the Rio Claro Magistrates Court on Tuesday charged with sexually touching his 12-year-old female relative in 2017.
The man, whose identity has been withheld to protect the victim, was charged on Monday by the Child Protection Unit of the TTPS.
The incident allegedly took place at the man's home in New Grant, Princes Town in 2017.
The child, who is now 14, told a teacher about the reported assault two weeks ago and the police was alerted.
Almost two years after it was discovered that the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board misallocated almost $3 million in funding from the NGC, and six months after the NGC requested the TTCB to repay that money forthwith, the two bodies are still working on a way forward.
"The NGC is still in active discussions with the TTCB as a follow up to the audit to determine a way forward." said NGC communications manager; Lisa Burkett.
Police are investigating a drive-by shooting on George Street tonight, that has left several people injured. More when we get further details.
Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley has met with a high-level team from CIC Capital Corporation (CIC) and China ZhenHua Oil Company.
CIC is the largest Sovereign Wealth Fund in the People’s Republic of China with over US$1 trillion in assets and investments under its management.
CIC is a 10 percent shareholder in Train 1 of Atlantic LNG and is considered an important strategic partner.
Let's step away from the Machel and Iwer mash-up song-clash for a moment (and if you're still wondering if they're bitterly at war, they're not).
We're taking a look at who has released the most songs so far this Carnival (and yeah, yeah, we know it's not a competition but we're counting it anyway).
And if you're thinking that Machel Montano tops the list, go to the back of the class with your utterly wrong self.
A lady rules this roost at present, and her name is Patrice Roberts.
The Housing Development Corporation (HDC) says its Health and Safety Officers will conduct an assessment of the building where an 11-year-old child fell in Maloney today.
The HDC issued a statement today saying it is in receipt of information related to the child at its Maloney Gardens housing community.
It says that according to the reports it received, the girl climbed on to the railing of her fourth floor, Building 15 apartment and fell four levels.
The incident occurred early Monday afternoon.