North Korea has threatened nuclear retaliation against the US after learning that an American naval carrier strike group had been dispatched to waters off its coast.
The Kim regime reacted furiously, making a series of bellicose statements on its state media. “Our revolutionary strong army is keenly watching every move by enemy elements with our nuclear sight,” said the Rodong Sinmun newspaper.
It said that it was “focused on the US invasionary bases not only in South Korea and the Pacific operation theatre but also on the US mainland”.
The Chamber of Industry and Commerce says the lost opportunity to construct the Angelin platform here in T&T, should concern all of the country.
The Chamber says it must be seen in the light of the need for economic activity and job creation.
The following is a statement issued by the Chamber today.
"The Trinidad and Tobago Chamber of Industry and Commerce firmly believes that the lost opportunity to have bpTT’s Angelin Platform built in La Brea should concern us all.
The White House press secretary, Sean Spicer, was widely condemned on Tuesday after claiming that Adolf Hitler, who gassed millions of Jews during the Holocaust, did not not use chemical weapons.
Comparing the Nazi leader with Syria’s Bashar al-Assad, Spicer told journalists during his regular press briefing at the White House: “We didn’t use chemical weapons in world war two. You had someone as despicable as Hitler who didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons.”
Two Barrackpore brothers appeared in the San Fernando First Magistrates’ Court today, charged with the murder of 52-year-old Deoraj ‘Bredo’ Bedassie.
Dennil Ramsawak, aka ‘Jason’, 30, of Tin Pan Alley Road, Barrackpore, and his brother, Derrick Ramsawak, 20, of the same address, stood before Magistrate Margaret Alert, to answer the charge.
Bedassie’s, skeletal remains were retrieved from a latrine pit behind his home at Blackman Street, Reform, Gasparillo.
The victim is believed to have been killed sometime between Sunday 26th March and Tuesday 4th April, 2017.
A 22-year-old Cunupia man was granted bail, after appearing before a Chaguanas Magistrate today, charged with nine counts of robbery with aggravation.
Justin Heeraman, of Chin Chin Road, Cunupia, who stood before Senior Magistrate Jo-Anne Connor, was not called upon to plead, as the charge was laid indictably.
Heeraman, was arrested and charged on Sunday 9th April, 2017, by officers of the Cunupia Police Station, in connection with the robbery of a proprietor and patrons of a bar in Cunupia, on April 4th, 2017, of $38,000 worth in valuables.
A former member of the Regiment has been charged with possession of marijuana.
According to police, between the hours of 5 am and 7 am on Monday 10th April, 2017, Insp (Ag.) Williams and a party of officers attached to the Duncan Street Police Post conducted an exercise in the Duncan Street Planning.
At around 6 am, PC Rodriguez executed a search warrant at the home of Dion Dowdy, a former member of the Trinidad and Tobago Regiment, located at Apartment E Building 34 Nelson Street, Port of Spain.