Anonymous donor to pay one year's salary to grandmother who lost thumb by scratch bomb

An anonymous donor has agreed to pay the salary, for one year, of a grandmother who lost her thumb to a scratch-bomb blast last year.

Sally Ann Cuffie was driving through the Las Lomas during Divali celebrations last year, when a scratch bomb landed in the family car, next to her six-month-old granddaughter.

She grabbed the scratch bomb and tried to throw it out, however, it exploded while still in her hands, badly burning her.

SEE: Scratch bomb victim calls for ban on fireworks

The Ministry of Public Administration and Communications says it will hand over of a cheque to the Talparo grandmother on Wednesday.

The Ministry says the anonymous donor made the donation after reading of the campaign against the use of scratch bombs and illegal fireworks.

The campaign was spearheaded by the Minister of Public Administration and Communications, the Honourable Maxie Cuffie.

The Ministry says donor has agreed to pay Mrs. Cuffie’s salary for a year, to compensate for her loss of income due to the incident. 

Category: