A 22-year-old man was killed in a driveby shooting on Broadway, Port of Spain, yesterday afternoon. He has been identified as Nicholas Antoine, of Diego Martin.
A video being widely circulated on social media shows Antoine lying faced down in a pool of blood on the pavement in front of Maraj and Sons Jewellers.
Police said Antoine was standing on the pavement around 3 pm when a silver RAV 4 sopped up alongside him and the occupants opened fire. He was shot multiple times.
The vehicle then sped off in an easterly direction along South Quay. Police said the vehicle, which was stolen from west Trinidad on Saturday night, was spotted in the Beetham and Laventille areas shortly after the fatal shooting.
Up to late yesterday no motive had been established for the killing and no arrests had been made. An autopsy is expected to be done today at the Forensic Science Centre in St James. Investigations are continuing.
Source: www.guardian.co.tt (Sascha Wilson)