Exploding transformer leads to bush-fire near school

Date: 
Monday, April 11, 2016 - 00:00

A transformer blew out this morning along the Belmont Circular Road, leading to a bush-fire next to the Belmont Secondary School.

Eyewitnesses say the explosion caused wires to fall to the ground, one of which ignited dry shrubbery in an empty lot next to the school.

[SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEO: Raw footage]

It also caused electricity to go in the area.

The fire spread up the hill close to the Lady Young Road but fire-fighters were eventually able to get the fire under control.

T&TEC personnel later arrived to restore electricity to the area.

Footage was provided to us by Tenille Ward-Maharaj.

FOR MORE TOP STORIES: http://www.cnc3.co.tt/latest-news