Fire engulfs Food Basket, Chaguanas

Date: 
Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 00:00

A massive fire has engulfed Food Basket in Chagaunas.

The fire broke out shortly after 3pm.

CNC3 has been informed that the fire seems to have started in kitchen of the food outlet.

Fire tenders from stations across the country have been battling the blaze.

We're told that employees and customers all safely got out of the building when the alarm was raised.

Two weeks ago, there was a fire at Food Basket’s San Fernando branch. The fire caused minimal damaged and was reportedly caused by an electrical problem.

The fire resulted in a massive traffic pile-up with the daily rush-hour traffic compounded by this occurrence. 

Several eyewitnesses took to social media sites to upload pictures and video.

The photos attached to this report came from the Twitter page of @racheltnt (top) and the Facebook page of Gareth Stewart (below).

The video below came from the Facebook page of Jamel Sutton.

FOR MORE TOP STORIES: http://www.cnc3.co.tt/latest-news