It was “Trouble” literally when the results of the National Panorama Small Band Finals were announced last night Thursday at Skinner Park, San Fernando just after 11:30 pm
When the dust cleared, Golden Hands led by Franka Hills-Headley with a Vanessa Alexander Headley arrangement of her composition “Trouble Sans Humanite” emerged victorious with the top score of 279 points.
Finishing behind the San Fernando based band was Laventille Serenaders with 278 points for their performance of Winston Bailey’s “Dingolay” arranged by Arddin Herbert.
They tied with La Horquetta Pan Groove and “Magic Drum” arranged by Kion Robinson.
Fourteen (14) bands competed for the title and after almost eight hours of musical rivalry, the judges, Tommy Crichlow, Bernadette Roberts, Joslynne Sealey, Michele Diwrich, Rogelle Granger-Morton and Vorbin Cordice, handed down the results as follows:-
1.Golden Hands -Trouble 279
2. Laventille Serenaders - Dingolay 278
2. La Horquetta Pan Groove - Magic Drum 278
4. Arima Golden Symphony - Du Du Yemi aka Natasha 275
5. Uptown Fascinators - Free Up 274
6. Fascinators Pan Symphony - Buss Head 270
6. Revelation Institute of Performing Education - Birthday Party 270
8. Fusion Steel Ensemble - Outta De Box 267
8. Our Boys - Big Girl Now 267
8. Harvard Harps - Buss Head 267
11. Tobago Pan-Thers - Far From Finished 266
11. Old Tech - Don’t Tell Ah Soul 266
13. T&TEC New East Side Dimension - Big Girl Now 264
14. Alpha Pan Pioneers - Prophet of Pan 262
On Saturday, 10 Medium and 10 Large Conventional Bands will go through the ritual.