Homeless man held for Prince Street killing

Date: 
Tuesday, March 7, 2017 - 08:45

A homeless man was arrested yesterday afternoon in connection with the stabbing death of another in Port-of-Spain hours earlier.

According to police, the suspect was identified to them by other destitute men in the downtown area where the stabbing took place and the suspect was held walking along Queen Street just after noon yesterday.

Police said around 4.45 am, officers from the Port-of-Spain Criminal Intelligence Department (CID) received a report that a man was seen bleeding and running up Frederick Street. When officers responded they found the man lying unresponsive along Prince Street. 

Police said they have no motive for the stabbing, but suspect the two men may have fought over something. Homicide Bureau officers are continuing investigations.

In an unrelated killing, a 22-year-old Laventille man was shot dead on Sunday night. According to police reports, around 7.30 pm residents of Pelican Extension, Trou Macaque, Laventille, heard gunshots and later found the bullet-riddled body of Shawn Raymond. Raymond, of Trou Macaque, worked at the National Flour Mills. Police said yesterday they had no motive for his murder.

In another unrelated case, 25-year-old Kofe Goodridge was found by residents of Mendoza Lane, Petit Bourg, on Saturday around 9 am, after gunshots were heard the night before. Goodridge was released from prison weeks before he was killed. Goodridge, relatives said, lived in Chaguanas but grew up in Mt Hope Road, Mt Hope.

Relatives of Goodridge said last year someone called his father to say he was dead, but this later turned out be false.

SOURCE: www.guardian.co.tt

Category: