Organisers: 'Capleton' still performing in T&T next month despite rape charge

The organisers of the upcoming INFERNO concert are assuring that Jamaican reggae artiste Clifton "Capleton" Bailey will be in Trinidad and Tobago for the event, despite being charged with rape last week.

A statement by ET-CET-ERA The Company says Capleton has been given the all clear to travel following Monday’s court appearance in Jamaica.

He will perform in Trinidad at the INFERNO concert event on June 9th at the Jean Pierre Complex.

“We are incredibly relieved that Capleton’s situation still allows him the opportunity to travel and please his fans worldwide. We stand in solidarity with him as he fights for vindication in a case that seems to be embroiled in extortion,” said an organizer of the INFERNO concert event.

“This man is innocent until proven guilty,” he added.

Capleton’s music has spanned decades.

Songs like, ‘Jah Is My Everything,’ ‘Critics,’ ‘Wise Up People’,’Bad Mind’ and countless others have kept this artiste ranked among the highest in Jamaica’s reggae and entertainment culture. 

Category: 
Favourite count: 
1
Favourite count ids: 
,58839