Police find vehicle, Pollonais still missing

Police have found the vehicke belonging to Natalie Pollonais, who was reported missing on Thursday.

The vehicle was found with another license plate number in Cypress Hills, Union Hall.

This comes as police, including members of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad, are attempting to find the woman.

Pol­lon­ais dis­ap­peared with­out a trace yesterday and her fam­i­ly is wor­ried that she may have been kid­napped.

Up to last night, po­lice were search­ing sev­er­al parts of the coun­try in a bid to find her.

Ini­tial re­ports in­di­cate that Pol­lon­ais, 49, of Palmiste, San Fer­nan­do, went miss­ing af­ter leav­ing the Cen­tral Ath­let­ics gym at the C3 mall in Corinth, South Trinidad yes­ter­day morn­ing.

Her white BMW 5308 hy­brid ve­hi­cle, one of two in T&T, was al­so re­port­ed miss­ing by her hus­band Ja­son Pol­lon­ais.

Po­lice said Na­tal­ie’s phone was con­nect­ed to her car. Traces on the phone showed it was in St Au­gus­tine be­fore the sig­nal was lost.

There were no calls for ran­som to the fam­i­ly up to last night but po­lice said they were not rul­ing out the pos­si­bil­i­ty that Pol­lon­ais could have been ab­duct­ed.

In an in­ter­view yes­ter­day, her daugh­ter Ash­ley broke down in tears as she spoke of her moth­er’s mys­te­ri­ous dis­ap­pear­ance.

Ash­ley said Na­tal­ie left home to go to the gym yes­ter­day morn­ing, fol­low­ing which she was ex­pect­ed to vis­it a friend in Palmiste.

“She called her friend from the car af­ter she left the gym and said she would be by her in 20 min­utes. Peo­ple saw her at the gym. Her phone con­nects to the car so we are sure she made it to the car. When she did not ar­rive at the friend’s home we be­gan call­ing her but she was not an­swer­ing any­body’s calls,” Ash­ley said.

She ex­plained that Na­tal­ie want­ed to get some er­rands done so she told her house­keep­er that she was com­ing home ear­ly yes­ter­day.

“When she did not show up or an­swer calls by 3 pm, we all got very wor­ried and my dad said some­thing was def­i­nite­ly wrong,” Ash­ley said, sob­bing.

Say­ing her moth­er was al­ways on the phone, Ash­ley said, “She would call us all through the day. She was al­ways in touch. It is not like her to not call or an­swer. We are very wor­ried about her.”

Con­tact­ed yes­ter­day, broth­er-in-law Scott Pol­lon­ais said Na­tal­ie was not em­ployed. Say­ing the fam­i­ly was baf­fled by the dis­ap­pear­ance, Scott said, “All we want is for her to come back home.”

Po­lice Com­mis­sion­er Gary Grif­fith de­clined to com­ment on the dis­ap­pear­ance yes­ter­day.

So­cial me­dia cir­cu­lat­ed Pol­lon­ais’ pho­to wide­ly yes­ter­day. On Face­book, many ex­pressed the hope that she would be found safe and sound. Any­one with in­for­ma­tion on her where­abouts can con­tact Crime Stop­pers at 800-TIPS.

Favourite count: 
Favourite count ids: