A second Golconda man, charged with assaulting two Ste. Madeleine police officers, is expected to appear before a San Fernando Magistrate today, to answer the charge.
Timothy Alexander, 31, a painter, of Golconda Village, was arrested by officers of the Ste. Madeleine Police Station, during an anti-crime exercise on Wednesday 6th June, 2018.
The exercise, which was supervised by Cpl. Ramesh Dhunkarie, took place between 7 pm and 11 pm, in the Ste. Madeleine district.
A Golconda man is detained; and another is due to be arrested, in connection with the assault of two police officers, in the Golconda district over the weekend.
According to police reports the two officers attached to the Ste. Madeleine Police Station responded to a report of threats being made by a man against another person, along Church Street, Golconda, around 7:15 am, on Saturday 2nd June 2018.
While attempting to arrest the suspect, who was joined by another man, both officers were assaulted and had to seek medical attention at the Princes Town Health Facility.
A Barrackpore man is expected to appear before a Princes Town Magistrate today, charged with two counts of assaulting two police officers, during the conduct of their duties on Saturday 21st April, 2018.
Christopher Bocas, 29, of Rochard Douglas Road, Barrackpore, was arrested after officers responded to a report of a disturbance at Blue Legacy Bar, also of Rochard Douglas Road, Barrackpore, around 10:45 pm, on Saturday 21st April, 2018.
Police have confirmed that the video that had been circulating on social media of a female child being sexually abused by a man did not originate in Trinidad and Tobago.
The video was shared on social media last week, with claims that it occurred in Diego Martin.
The man was said to have been beaten by neighbours who learned of his sordid behaviour.
However, the Police Service said in a series of tweets today, that it worked with US law enforcement and traced the video to Alabama where a 44-year-old man has since been charged.
A Sea Lots man was today committed to stand trial in the Port of Spain High Court on multiple sexual offences against two girls, following the conclusion of a preliminary hearing into the charges which began on July 5th, 2016, in the Port of Spain 7th Magistrates’ Court.
The case against, Neville Richards, 77, a taxi driver, was heard by Magistrate Adia Mohammed, who committed the matter to trial.
Richards was later remanded into custody, pending the securing of $150,000 bail with surety.
A well-known police inspector has been charged with assault occasion bodily harm and will receive a summons to appear in court in February.
The charges were laid against Inspector Roger Alexander on the instructions of the Director of Public Prosecutions.
Alexander is accused of having carried out the assault on a Laventille man in Santa Cruz last July.
The complainant had alleged that he had been beaten by Alexander as he worked as a labourer on a piece of land.
The Police Complaints Authority (PCA) also got involved in the matter.
A 52-year-old man has appeared in court charged with the assault of two minors following a video that was circulated on social media on Monday.
Hayze Hamilton, age 52, appeared in the Sangre Grande 1st Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday 7th June, 2016, a statement from the Police Sevice says.
The charges follow investigations based on a video that went viral on social media which allegedly depicted two children being abused at the hands of an adult male.
Hamilton, of Poui Avenue, Northern Eastern Settlement, Sangre Grande, appeared before Senior