A shooting incident in Barataria on Wednesday morning has claimed the life of one man.
CNC3 News understands that 20-year-old Keston Joseph was in the company of relatives at a house party along Upper Seventh Avenue, Barataria when a gunman ambushed him.
The armed man opened fire hitting Joseph and another man.
The twenty-year-old was rushed to the Port of Spain General Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.
He had been shot in the head.
While a fire destroyed the upper floor of an elderly couple's home in Barataria on Monday, quick work by residents and fire-fighters to assist the couple, has not gone unnoticed.
One of the persons involved in helping the family get safely off the compound spoke to CNC3 this morning about what transpired.
Christopher Valdez said he was in the area at the time and while driving past he noticed the smoke and went to see what was happening.
Fire-fighters have been called out to battle a house fire in Barataria.
The fire broke out around midday.
Information is not yet clear but we're told that police have cordoned off 9th to 12th streets in Barataria.
The fire is said to be close to Interchem Limited, which is on 9th Avenue, South Barataria.
Interchem produces chemical commercial products.
However, there are reports indicating that Interchem has been affected.
FOR MORE TOP STORIES: http://www.cnc3.co.tt
One was shot dead and a woman injured in a shooting incident in Barataria last night.
According to reports, 28-year-old Reanaldo Weates of Caiman Road, St Joseph, was in the company of a female friend, Denecia Matamoro on Sixth Avenue, Barataria around 8 pm.
Police say a man walked up to the couple and shot them both in their faces.
Weates died on the scene while Matamoro was rushed to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex in a critical condition.
Barataria and homicide officers are continuing investigations.
The Water and Sewerage Authority says there will be more water shortages for Port-of-Spain customers over a 22-hour period beginning tonight.
The Authority has issued the following statement on the disruptions.
"The Water and Sewerage Authority advises customers in parts of Port-of-Spain and environs that there will be a disruption in their water supply from 8:00 p.m. tonight – Tuesday 2nd August to 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday 3rd August 2016.