bomb scare

Minister on bomb threats Pranksters will not disrupt CSEC, CAPE exams

The Min­istry of Ed­u­ca­tion says it will not al­low pranksters to dis­rupt the ad­min­is­tra­tion of the CSEC and CAPE ex­am­i­na­tions.

This, even as they in­tro­duced stricter se­cu­ri­ty mea­sures fol­low­ing wide­spread calls to­day that a num­ber of bombs had been plant­ed at sev­er­al sec­ondary schools across the coun­try.

Speak­ing from his of­fice at the Ed­u­ca­tion Tow­er, Port-of-Spain ear­li­er - Gar­cia as­sured stu­dents and par­ents that there was noth­ing to pan­ic about.

Man behind Trincity Mall bomb scare sentenced to 21 days hard labour

Glen Dalrymple was today sentenced to 21 days in jail, hard labour, after pleading guilty to a charge of ‘misusing a phone by sending a message knowing it to be false to the inconvenience and needless anxiety to persons at Trincity Mall’, on May 26th, 2016, at 11:41am.

The sentence was imposed by Arima 2nd Court Magistrate Indar Jagroo, a statement from the Police Service says.

Father of three appears in court today for Trincity Mall bomb scare

A married father of three will appear before an Arima Magistrate Court, on Tuesday 21st June, 2016, charged with misusing a phone by sending a message knowing it to be false to the inconvenience and needless anxiety to persons at Trincity Mall, on May 26th, 2016, at 11:41am.

A statement from the Police Service says Glen Dalrymple, 42, was charged under the Summary Offences Act Chapter 11:02 Section 106B at 9:00am Monday June 20th, 2016, by Sgt. Ishmael Pitt of the North Eastern Division Task Force at the Arouca Police Station.