Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley's return home from London has been postponed.
The Office of the Prime Minister had earlier indicated that the flight was expected to be delayed by three hours pushing the prime minister's expected arrival from 4 pm local time to 7 pm.
However this morning, the prime minister's office stated that the flight was canceled.
Dr Rowley and a delegation including government officials attended the recently concluded Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in London.
The delegation left last Sunday and was expected to return today.
There will be no Chutney Soca Monarch for Carnival 2018 as the organisers Southex officially announced its cancellation saying it is due to low sponsorship.
"We are saddened by this turn of events and find the timing rather suspicious given recent events. Therefore please be advised that the 2018 Chutney Soca Monarch is hereby formally cancelled due to low government and state support and our inability to fund the venture privately as a result of its sheer size and expense," Southex CEO George Singh told a news conference this morning..
More ferry sailings between Trinidad and Tobago has been cancelled.
The 6.30 sailing from Port-of-Spain was cancelled this morning and the return sailing from Tobago is also cancelled.
The Port Authority said in a statement:
"Tuesday 16th May - the 6.30am sailing from POS and the 4.00pm sailing from TGO have been cancelled due to mechanical issues with the vessel, T&T Express. Any inconvenience caused is regretted."
The T&T Express was taken off service from Friday to Sunday leaving only the T&T Spirit in service.
Another big Carnival fete has been forced to cancel this year, as Fantasy Carnival has announced it will not be hosting Fantasy Saturday where Machel Montano was due to perform.
Fantasy Carnival is not giving a reason for the cancellation, saying it is only due to unforeseen circumstances.
The following is a statement from Fantasy Carnival:
"We regret to inform you that we have been forced to cancel our Fantasy Saturday "Ridiculous In Red" event, scheduled for this Saturday, January 30 at the Queen's Park Oval car park.
The organisers of the annual Fire Fete has announced that the show is now being cancelled.
The announcement comes weeks after the show's organisers had said they were pushing the show back by some weeks, to cater for international guests.
However, the organisers posted a statement on Facebook today, announcing that the show is now off entirely.
The following is the statement.