A fire has broken out at the famous Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris and has spread rapidly across the building.
The cause was not immediately clear, but officials say that it could be linked to renovation work.
Images on social media show plumes of smoke billowing into the air above the 850-year-old Gothic building.
Last year, the Catholic Church in France launched an urgent appeal for funds to save the cathedral, which was starting to crumble.
A major operation is under way to tackle the blaze, which broke out on Monday afternoon.
No one was injured in the Sunday evening fire at the Scarborough fire Station at Bacolet, Scarborough.
According to Divisional Fire Officer, David Joseph- Thomas, preliminary information indicates that the male dormitory, with an estimated worth of over $.5 million, was destroyed in the fire,
He said the fire was discovered by an off-duty fire officer at 7 pm.
Yet another family from Cedros has lost their home to a fire, bringing to four the number of families left homeless in fires over the past year.
With seven massive fires recorded in the peninsula since the start of the new year, residents say they will have no other choice but to mobilize a team to petition the government to put a fire appliance at the Cedros Security Complex.
Workers have been evacuated from NP's Sea Lots facility.
A Guardian Media team is at the site this morning and has been told that a fire broke out at a company located behind NP.
Fire tenders are on the scene and we understand the fire had been contained
However, NP officials have evacuated the facility and health and safety officers are assessing the building to determine whether staff will be allowed to reenter.
In the space of 30 minutes, Kedisha Castillo and her family’s lives were turned upside down after a fire gutted their home in La Brea on Tuesday.
With nothing but the clothes on their backs, the family of four was trying their best to find a place to rest their heads for the night until they could figure out their next move.
It was the second fire for the week that has left a family homeless and third in less than a month.
A Gasparillo family is now living in fear after three arsonists attempted to fire-bomb their home last Saturday.
Around 2.30 am, the 43-year-old woman (whose identity has been withheld) was asleep with her family when they were awoken by her neighbour's voice shouting “Fire! Fire! Look all yuh house on fire. Look it have a man in the yard there.”
She and her family sprang from their beds and saw one of the wooden doors to the side of their home ablaze.
Fire officers of the Belmont Fire Station were called out to respond to a fire at the Port-of-Spain Hospital late Friday evening.
Reports indicate tat the fire started with a generator near the X-Ray Department of the hospital and spread to a building on the compound.
Persons warded close to the fire, including Ward 3 and the Radiology department, were evacuated.
Heath Minister Terrance Deyalsingh told Guardian Media around 7.45 pm, that the fire had been extinguished.
There were no reports of casualties.
A seven-year-0ld boy playing with matches accidentally torched his family’s home, leaving 11 people homeless.
With their home now destroyed, a Moruga family is now planning a “sit down” with their children to discuss fire safety.
The fire that destroyed the Mc Intyres’ four-apartment family home left six adults and five children with only the clothes on their backs. According to reports, when investigators spoke to the child’s mother, she admitted that her son was playing with matches and accidentally set the mattress on fire.
A bush fire got out of control after a man tried to burn some dried grass destroyed two homes and a car in Laventille on Sunday leaving seven people homeless.
According to reports, the two wooden houses caught fire around 9 am in Block 22, Laventille.
The affected families were not present when Guardian Media visited the scene around 10 am.
Resident Selena Williams said she was getting ready for church when she was alerted by neighbours about the blaze.
“I smell the bush burning and I peek out,” she said.