rape

'Dog Rice' charged with raping challenged schoolgirl

A Belmont man has appeared before the Port-of-spain Magistrates’ Court, after being charged with the sexual penetration of a developmentally challenged 15-year-old teen.

Isaiah Cain aka ‘Dog Rice’, 22, was granted $100,000 bail with surety by Magistrate Adia Mohammed, on Thursday 6th June, 2019, and is expected to reappear before a Magistrate on Thursday 4th July, 2019.

The charge arose from an incident which allegedly occurred on Thursday 16th May, 2019, when the victim was on her way to school.

Tobago woman raped at gunpoint

Po­lice are in­ves­ti­gat­ing re­ports that a woman was raped at gun­point at the Ply­mouth Mul­ti-pur­pose Cen­tre ear­ly this morn­ing.

Ac­cord­ing to a re­port, the vic­tim was work­ing in the area when she was held against her will and sex­u­al­ly as­sault­ed at the fa­cil­i­ty. A

vil­lager, who does not want to be iden­ti­fied, told Guardian Me­dia po­lice are cur­rent­ly on the scene near the cor­ner of Pent­land and Ad­ven­ture Link Road.

"Neigh­bours start­ed call­ing each oth­er and warn­ing that we should stay in­side and be vig­i­lant," the woman said.

Caroni man charged with rape

A Caroni man has appeared before the Chaguanas Magistrates’ Court after being charged with the rape of a 23-year-old woman.

Michel Jones aka ‘Anthony Jones’, a 28-year-old mason, was granted $100,000 bail by Magistrate Andrew Stroude today.

He was also ordered by the magistrate stay away from the victim’s places of residence, study and work.

Jones is expected to reappear before a magistrate on Tuesday 9th April, 2019.

Man gets 23 years in jail for raping 13-year-old step-daughter

A 64-year-old man from San Juan, convicted of raping his 13-year-old stepdaughter in 2004, has been sentenced to 23 years in prison.

The man, who can not be named to protect the identity of the victim, was found guilty of having sex with the minor late last year but was only sentenced by High Court Judge Hayden St Clair-Douglas at the Hall of Justice in Port-of-Spain yesterday.

According to the evidence presented at trial, the victim, who lived with the man since she was six-years-old, claimed that the attacks took place between February 2003 and November 2004.

Gang-rape suspects remain in police custody

Three young men held since Friday with the rape, robbery and sodomy of two 20-year-old women, appeared on another round of identification parades in Marabella on Tuesday.

The suspects aged 22, 24 and 27 have been in custody since 3 am on Friday after police arrested them at their homes in Diamond Village, San Fernando.

Police said the investigation will be completed today and senior officers will make a recommendation for them to be charged with two counts of rape and robbery.

Three held for rape, sodomy in San Fernando

Three suspects believed to have beaten, robbed, raped and sodomised two women, after abducting them following a party in San Fernando last week, have been arrested by police.

The suspects were nabbed around 3am at their homes in Diamond Village, San Fernando.

A team of officers headed by Sgt Clint Williams went to the homes of the suspects and arrested them.

The men, ages 27, 24 and 22, who are a businessman, labourer and mechanic, were taken to the San Fernando CID.

Repeat sex offender detained by police

A man who was charged and released on bail for several previous sexual offences is due to be placed on several identification parades tomorrow.

According to police reports, he was arrested by officers of the Central Division, during an anti-crime exercise conducted in the Chaguanas district this morning in connection with several reports of serious indecency and indecent exposure.

The suspect from Enterprise, Chaguanas, who is in his late thirties, was wanted in connection with a number of sexual offences and other crimes occurring in the Division.

Man, 54, sentenced to 10 years' jail for raping 12-year-old girl

Eleven years af­ter he was ac­cused of rap­ing a child, a URP work­er has been sen­tenced to ten years in jail.

Kelvin Dun­can, 54, was sent to jail by Jus­tice Lisa Ram­sumair-Hinds in the San Fer­nan­do Third Crim­i­nal Court al­most a month af­ter he was found guilty by a nine-mem­ber ju­ry.

Dun­can de­nied that he raped the 12-year-old girl. He was accused of the crime when he was 43 years old.

In the mat­ter pros­e­cut­ed by at­tor­ney Sta­cy Laloo-Chong, it was al­leged the child was raped on a date un­known be­tween Jan­u­ary and April 2007.

Tunapuna man charged with rape of 18-year-old woman

A 35-year-old man is now in police custody in connection with the rape of an 18-year-old woman which occurred yesterday in Tunapuna.

The suspect, of Tunapuna, was arrested by officers of the Tunapuna Police Station, following a report made by the woman alleging that the man had raped her around 2:30 pm on Monday at an apartment in Tunapuna.

The victim was at a relative’s apartment when a man known to her entered the premises and proceeded to have sexual intercourse with her against her will.

Siparia man charged with raping developmentally-challenged woman

A Siparia man has been charged with rape and grievous sexual assault of a 25-year-old developmentally-challenged woman.

Andy Joseph, a 54-year-old of Syne Village, Siparia, was charged with one count of rape and two counts of grievous sexual assault, by officers attached to the Siparia Criminal Investigations Department (CID), on Sunday 21st October, 2018.

The charges arose from incidents which allegedly occurred sometime between February and October 2018, at the victim’s home.

Pages