Angostura has donated 55 laptops to 18 Secondary Schools. The Company stated that the new teaching method has placed many students at a disadvantage, so, the Board of Directors and Executives decided to step in and help those in need during this critical time.
The following is a press release from Angostura:
Over the past couple of months, students in Trinidad and Tobago have had to adapt to a new way of learning which has been through online classes, due to COVID-19.
This new teaching method has placed many students at a disadvantage who do not have access to devices to connect to their teachers and classmates. The Board of Directors and Executives of Angostura® decided that the Company should step in to assist students in need during this critical time.
Angostura® is donating 55 Lenovo IdeaPad Slim laptops to 18 Secondary schools across the country. The schools will then distribute the laptops to students in Forms 4 and 5 who do not have access to a device needed for remote learning while schools remain closed due to the pandemic.
The schools include:
· Success Laventille Secondary Barataria South Secondary
· Malick Secondary Barataria North Secondary
· Morvant/Laventille Secondary Blanchisseusse Secondary
· South East POS Secondary San Juan South Secondary
· Bishop Anstey High School, POS SWAHA Hindu College
· St. Joseph’s Convent, POS Vessigny Secondary
· Gasparillo Secondary Palo Seco Secondary
· Chaguanas South Secondary ASJA Boys’ College, San Fernando
· North Eastern College La Romaine Secondary
Chief Executive Officer (Ag.) of Angostura®, Mr. Ian Forbes says, “The students are the future builders of the nation and the donation of laptops comes at a crucial time. Angostura® will do all that it can to ensure that students are not left behind. We understand that this might be a stressful time for many as there are students who don’t have access to devices needed for online learning and they face an even steeper challenge than their peers. The devices being donated by Angostura® are Lenovo laptops that come with 1-year valet warranty from Memory Bank Computers Ltd. This valet warranty covers parts, labour and battery. Students will also receive a laptop bag, donated by Memory Bank Computers Limited.”