Another two COVID-19 patients have succumbed to the disease, bringing the national death toll to 69 persons.
This is according to the latest update from the Ministry of Health, for this morning, Friday 25 September 2020.
The Ministry also reports that with regard to these latest deaths, they are both men, one being an elderly male with pre-existing health conditions; the other is a female from Tobago, also with pre-existing health conditions.
In other highlights from the Ministry’s update:
● Twenty-five (25) additional persons have tested positive for COVID -19, and they will be processed for admission at the discretion of the CMOHs.
● The total number of active COVID-19 cases now stands at 2,069.
● Seven (7) persons have been discharged from public health facilities.
● 103 COVID-19 patients remain in step-down / transition facilities.
● Sixty-eight (68) are recovered community cases. Recovered community cases refer to persons who were previously COVID-19 positive and in self-isolation at home and subsequently met the discharge criteria and were released from self-isolation.