A 26-year-old man has been fined $16,150 for malicious damage to a marked police vehicle, obscene language, resisting arrest and throwing missiles.
The suspect, BRANDON ATKINS, of Printeryville Omera Road, Arima, appeared before Magistrate, Her Worship Cheron Raphael in the Arima Magistrate’s Court, last Wednesday 8th April 2020, to face the charges, following his arrest on that day.
Brandon Atkins pleaded guilty and was fined TT$11,650 and TT$4,500 for malicious damage to a TTPS vehicle, or in default, five months hard labour.
And in other crime news, police arrested six persons for various offences in the Arima and Arouca districts, following an anti-crime exercise, which occurred between the hours of 4:15 am and 7:30 am today, Sunday 12th April 2020.
According to official reports, police officers under the supervision of Sgt. Ramjit and Cpl. (Ag.) Jackman, along with a party of officers from the Arouca Criminal Investigation Department, conducted exercises.
Police arrested the following during the exercise:
1. A 22-year-old man of Oropune Gardens, Piarco, arrested for robbery;
2. A 21-year-old man of Oropune Gardens, Piarco, arrested for robbery;
3. A 48-year-old man of Mottley Trace, Pinto Road, arrested for receiving Stolen items;
4. A 44-year-old man of Mottley Trace, Pinto Road, arrested for robbery;
5. A 26-year-old man of Spring Road Extension, Five Rivers in Arouca, for cultivating marijuana; and
6. A 22-year-old man of Spring Road Extension, Five Rivers Arouca, arrested for common assault.
Inquiries are continuing.