Trinidad and Tobago has another vaccine in its arsenal to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, following the World Health Organization (WHO) granting Emergency Use Listing (EUL) approval for the Bharat BBV152 COVAXIN COVID-19 Vaccine.
In a recent advisory, the Ministry of Health reports that COVAXIN has been added to an updated list of approved COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine combinations.
The Ministry says COVAXIN COVID-19 vaccine is recommended for persons 18 years of age and older, and its doses should be administered four weeks apart. It notes that for moderately and severely immunocompromised persons 18 years and older, an additional primary dose (3rd dose) is recommended.
The following is the Ministry of Health’s updated list of approved COVID-19 vaccines and vaccine combinations for Trinidad and Tobago:
1. Pfizer-BioNTech – Approved 31st December 2020
2. AstraZeneca – Approved 15th February 2021
3. Janssen (Johnson and Johnson) – Approved 12th March 2021
4. Moderna-NIAID – Approved 30th April 2021
5. Sinopharm BIBP – Approved 7th May 2021
6. Sinovac-CoronaVac – Approved 1st June 2021
7. 1st dose AstraZeneca and 2nd dose Pfizer-BioNTech – Approved 15th June 2021
8. 1st dose AstraZeneca and 2nd dose Moderna-NIAID – Approved 30th July 2021
9. COVAXIN BBV152 – Approved 3rd November 2021