The latest update from the Ministry of Health is confirming 507 deaths from COVID-19 in this country, as of today, Tuesday 1 June 2021.
This means that there were some twelve additional deaths recorded over the past 24 hours, as the death toll stood at 495 souls lost on Monday 31 May 2021.
Also in its update for today, the Ministry is reporting some 405 new positive cases of COVID-19, representing samples taken between May 24th and 31st. These new cases bring the total number of active cases in the country to 9,558 patients.
The Health Ministry also notes in its update:
● 24,314 persons testing positive for CVID-19 since March 12th, 2020.
● 458 persons are still hospitalised for COVID-19; up from 449 patients on Monday.
● 8,515 persons are in home self-isolation; down from 8,587 patients on Monday.
● 125 persons are in State quarantine facilities; down from 126 patients on Monday.
● 180 patients are still recovering in step/down facilities; no change from Monday.
● 1,179 persons fully vaccinated with their second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
● 98,559 persons vaccinated with their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.