A defective pump at the Hermitage Booster Station is the reason why parts of Central Trinidad currently without a pipe borne water supply, an advisory from the Water and Sewerage Authority has confirmed.
The advisory assures that ongoing extensive repair works at the facility should be completed by Thursday 6th January 2022. However, while repairs are ongoing, WASA says a limited truck borne water supply will be available upon request.
WASA is reminding customers that it may take up to 24 hours for the service to normalize to some affected areas following the completion of repairs.
Affected areas include:
● Union Road, Hermitage inclusive of all side streets
● Caratal Road, Macaulay Road
● Macaulay Trace
● Mt. Pleasant Road Lp#1 to Lp#33 inclusive of side streets
● Cedar Hill Road from Soledad Road to Forres Park Junction
● Forres Park Road inclusive of all side streets
● Caratal Road and Kancham Hill
For further information or assistance, customers can contact WASA’s Call Centre toll free at 800-4420 and 800-4426.