The Environmental Management Authority (EMA) is advising the public that several of its services will be accessed “online only”, from Friday 20 March 2020.
This, as the EMA applies social distancing principles and other anti-COVID-19 measures, to protect the health and safety of its staff and its customers.
In an official statement released today, the Agency provides email addresses at which information and other requests can be addressed, as well as a special hotline number.
The full text of the EMA’s statement, follows…
Environmental Management Authority’s Public Office Guidelines effective Friday 20 March, 2020
The Environmental Management Authority (EMA) wishes to advise stakeholders and the general public of provisional arrangements for applications and public information at its offices in St. Clair and San Fernando, with effect from Friday 20 March, 2020.
The EMA has instituted ONLINE PROCEDURES ONLY for the following services until further notice:
- Information Centre and National Register – [email protected]
- Water Pollution Applications – [email protected]
- Air Applications – [email protected]
- CEC Applications – [email protected]
- Permit Monitoring / Post CEC Documents – [email protected]
- Noise Variations (NON-EVENTS) – [email protected]
- General Complaints – [email protected]
- Processing of Noise Variation Applications for EVENTS – Suspended until further notice
- Emergency Response Hotline – 868-680-9588
All general enquiries can be submitted to [email protected] or telephone 226-4EMA (4362)
Customers who are contacted for office appointments are required to adhere to the health and safety requirements at the EMA’s offices. Customers exhibiting any flu-like symptoms will not be permitted to access the EMA’s offices and such customers will have their transactions conducted via email and telephone communication.
The EMA regrets any inconvenience caused, however the aforementioned arrangements are intended to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and safeguard the well-being of all its stakeholders.