The Professional Standards Bureau is investigating the alleged abduction of a hairdresser by a female police officer, which stemmed from a reported love triangle.

Police told Guardian Media that the hairdresser was allegedly abducted, assaulted, drugged and kept in an undisclosed location in Maturita. However, she was eventually rescued by garbage collectors working in the area.

Police revealed the hairdresser was said to be in an intimate relationship with a man, who also has a relationship with a female police officer.

It is alleged, however, that the female officer learned of the man’s relationship with the hairdresser.

Investigators said upon learning of the relationship the hairdresser had with the man, the female officer, along with two relatives—one of them a senior officer with the TTPS—allegedly tricked the woman into accepting a private hairdressing job.

When the trio picked up the hairdresser, she was taken to an undisclosed location where she was allegedly beaten, drugged and held captive.

The woman’s screams were, however, heard by garbage collectors, who managed to free her and took her to the police where the incident was reported. The hairdresser was also taken for medical attention.

An investigation was launched by a Task Force team and a party of officers from the Professional Standards Bureau.

Guardian Media understands the female officer, her brother and her mother—said to be an inspector—were all held and taken to the St Joseph Police Station for questioning.

Investigators said the inspector could be charged for perverting the course of justice, while her daughter and son could face charges in connection with kidnapping and a slew of other offences.

Guardian Media was told by police sources that colleagues of the female police officer and her relatives were attempting to keep the incident out of the public’s domain and shield them from media attention.

Efforts by Guardian Media to get confirmation and additional information from Deputy Commissioner of Police Mc Donald Jacob and TTPS public information officer, Sheridon Hill, were unsuccessful, as both failed to confirm, deny or give any more details about the matter.