A fire broke out at a dwelling house in Curepe on Wednesday afternoon completely destroying it. Luckily no one was at home. According to a police report, at about 1:30 pm a Mini mart owner was at her business place at Evans Street when she saw smoke emanating from the nearby two-bedroom house owned by Steveson Kirton. Upon making checks the woman saw that the house was already engulfed in flames and contacted the Fire Service and the Police. 

A party of officers from the St Joseph Police Station arrived on the scene along with fire officers including Ag Fire Officer Jones and Ag Sub Officer Quashie, however, the building – a concrete structure, approximately 40 by 40 feet had burnt partially with only the concrete walls remaining. WPC Carter interviewed Kirton who is yet to calculate his losses. An initial assessment done by the fire officers revealed that the electrical was faulty. WPC Carter is continuing enquiries.

Reporter: Rhondor Dowlat-Rostant