Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley has announced changes in the restrictions that govern the control of the spread of COVID-19 with a return to in-house dining with restrcitions.
However, no changes will be made to bars.
The following were announced by the prime minister:
- Rivers and ponds remain closed.
- Bars to remain with takeaway services.
- Restaurants in-house dining allowed at 50 per cent capacity seated in groups of no more than 10.
- No alcohol to be served during in-house dining.
- Food in cinemas are to be allowed. Those in cinemas should keep masks on unless eating food
- All sporting teams engaged in international competitions can engage in activity. Team support, e.g, staff or parents, must not exceed groups of 10.
- Asked Caribbean Airlines to increase flights between Trinidad and Tobago but masks and social distancing must be maintained.
- Places of worship can not operate for 90 minutes.