Thirty two junior steelbands will be vying for championship status in their respective categories, this weekend, at the National Schools Panorama Finals.
The competition takes place on Sunday 26 January, 2020 from 9:00 am, at the Queen’s Park Savannah in Port of Spain.
The three categories being contested are Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Elite (21 & Under Group).
Finalists were selected after several days of judging at the competitors’ schools, panyards and communities.
Twelve primary schools are going forward into competition on Sunday; while nine secondary schools and 15 bands in the elite category, will be vying for top honours, as well.
St. Margaret’s Boys’ Anglican placed first in the primary schools category, with 280 points.
St. Francois girls’ college topped the secondary schools category, with 258 points.
And bpTT Renegades Youth Steel Orchestra emerged the leader in the elite group, with 268 points.
All will be going into the finals on Sunday with a major boost to their esteem, after emerging leaders in their respective categories.
The event is being held under the auspices of the Ministry of Education, in collaboration with Pan Trinbago, the Pan in Schools Coordinating Council, the Multicultural Music Programme Unit, and the Tobago House of Assembly.
Entry is free!
The Finalists and order of appearance according to categories are:
1 Tacarigua Presbyterian School – Savannah Grass
2. St. Margaret‘s Boys’ Anglican School – Savannah Grass
3. San Fernando Boys R.C. – Trouble In The Morning
4. St. Mary’s Government Primary School – Sometimes
5. Fifth Company (St. Gregory’s) Anglican – Not Me Is The Music
6. Couva Anglican Primary School – Year For Love
7. Success R.C. Primary – By All Means
8. Febeau Government Primary – This Is De Place
9. Fifth Company Baptist Primary School – Bahia Gyul
10. Guaico Presbyterian Primary School – Savannah Grass
11. Bethlemen Boys and Bethlehem Girls R.C. Schools – Savannah Grass
12. Tranquillity Government Primary School – Hookin Meh
1. Holy Cross College, Arima – Pan By Storm
2. La Romain Secondary – Savannah Grass
3. Bishop Anstey & Trinity College East – This Is De Place
4. Naparima Girls High School & Naparima College – Back To Basics
5. St. Francois Girls’ College – Soca Global
6. Bon Air Secondary – Year For Love
7. Waterloo Secondary School – Yuh Wrong
8. Bishop Anstey High School – Soca Global
9. Providence Girls Catholic School & Queen’s Royal College – Trouble In The Morning
10. St. Augustine Secondary School – Trouble In The Morning
ELITE (21 & UNDER GROUP)
1. Trinidad All Stars Youth Steel Orchestra – The Fog
2. Kimberly’s Royal Steel Orchestra – Congo Man
3. HADCO Phase II Pan Groove Junior Steel Orchestra – Soca Global
4. Supernovas Youth Steel Orchestra – Feelin It (Remake)
5. Pan Elders Youth Steel Orchestra – Day One
6. Shell Invaders Youth Steel Orchestra – Trouble In The Morning
7. MHTL Starlift Juniors – Big People Party
8. Tropical Angel Harps Youth Steel Orchestra – Golo
9. Desperadoes Youth Steel Orchestra – This Is De Place
10 Bptt Renegades Youth Steel Orchestra – Trouble in the Morning
Story by NEWS DESK