1) Children are not to be at workplaces/compound/vehicle etc.
2) All parents are encouraged to use support systems (babysitter, family, etc.)
3) Employers are to implement remote work policies.
4) Employers are to explore options of shift work/ or rostering.
5) One parent is encouraged to stay at home and look after the child or children.
6) If work arrangements can’t be made, the employee is to stay at home and can’t be penalized or not be paid in such an instance.
7) If you are not genuinely sick don’t stay away from work.
8) Pandemic leave for Public Officers (contract or not), fixed terms employees, short term, OJT, officeholders who are with service commission, freelancers, persons employed less than a year, daily paid, etc.
9) Mechanisms in place for Public officers with no more sick leave can get an extension of sick leave with full pay.
10) Minister of Labour advises private employers with the union to seek guidance with respect to sick leave clearance for employees who need Pandemic leave. If there is no union, seek guidance from the Ministry (Conciliation Advisory and Advocacy Division). 299 0300 ext 2043, 2124.