Major road rehabilitation works are expected to begin on the South Trunk Road, San Fernando, on Monday 25 October 2021, which will result in a temporary traffic disruption from the Gulf City lights to the Bamboo Roundabout, San Fernando.
According to an advisory from the Ministry of Works and Transport, the road rehabilitation works will be carried out mainly at night, between 7:00 pm and 5:00 am, and are expected to end on Monday 20th December 2021.
The Ministry notes that ONLY single-lane traffic would be permitted during this time.
Motorists are advised to comply with the following:
● Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers.
● Comply with instructions from Police Officers on-site, to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic.
● Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site.
● Drive with caution on all milled (possibly uneven) surfaces.
● Drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone.