The following is a press release from the Ministry of Health:
As of the afternoon of Saturday, 27th June, 2020 the Ministry reports the following:
|Number of samples submitted to the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) and the UWI site for testing for COVID-19||4866|
|Number of samples which have tested positive||126|
|Number of deaths||8|
|Number of persons discharged||109|
The Ministry of Health provides the following update:
· Two additional returning nationals from the Enchantment of the Seas have tested positive for COVID-19. All established protocols are being implemented.
Members of the public are reminded that they must to adhere to the ‘New Normal’ recommendations and take the following personal health measures to protect themselves and their loved ones from COVID-19:
· Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public
· Keep your distance from others (6 feet)
· Stay home if you are ill
· Clean then sanitize surfaces (e.g. tabletops, door knobs and cell phones)
· Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
· Cough into a tissue or into the crook of your elbow
· Avoid touching your face
If you or a loved one develops symptoms of COVID-19, please call the hotline 877-WELL or 800-WELL (9355) for further guidance. If the person is severely ill, call the 811 (emergency hotline) or call ahead to the Accident and Emergency Department of your nearest hospital for help and go in immediately.
The Government of Trinidad and Tobago will continue to update the public via its official communication channels such as the Ministry of Health’s website (health.gov.tt), the Ministry of Communications Websites (moc.gov.tt and news.gov.tt) and the relevant social media pages of these entities (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).