After being stranded in Barbados for close to four weeks, sixteen of the thirty-three Trinbagonian nationals finally returned to the country, at 2:05 pm on Tuesday.
Returning in a One Caribbean Airline chartered flight, the first group arrived at around 2:05 pm.
The second group is expected to arrive later with the remaining 17 nationals.
However, before coming home, the group faced another arduous delay.
With the first flight initially scheduled to leave the Grantley Adams International Airport, at around 10:30 am, the group was told they had to be tested for COVID-19 before leaving.
A report from Barbados claimed earlier that one of the nationals said the T&T government instructed that the test had to be done.
This caused the flight to be delayed.
Upon arriving at Piarco International, those onboard were ushered quickly into a bus, and escorted by members of the police service and defence force.
From there, they were taken to the Racket Centre at the Eastern Regional Indoor Complex, in Tacarigua.
There, they are expected to be quarantined for a minimum period of two weeks.
The group went to Dubai for a cruise and were supposed to return to Trinidad from London on March 23rd.
However, they were denied entrance into their home country after T&T closed its borders the day before.
There were no signs of relatives of those onboard at the airport.
The nationals covered the cost of the flight home.
One Caribbean Airlines Limited is based in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.