Even as nine new COVID-19 positive cases are being recorded, the Ministry of Health is reporting that the numbers of those in self isolation who are recovering from the disease are increasing.
In addition, there have been no new deaths from COVID-19 as of this morning, Thursday 17 September 2020,
In its latest update today, the Ministry reports the following:
● Nine (9) additional persons have tested positive for COVID -19, the results from samples taken during the period September 4th to September 15th, 2020. Therefore, this figure is NOT representative of the positive cases over the last 24 hours only.
● The number of active cases in the country now stands at 1,809.
● There have been six hundred and fifty-five (655) recovered community cases. Recovered community cases refer to persons who were previously COVID-19 positive and in self-isolation at home and subsequently met the discharge criteria and were released from self-isolation.
● One thousand five hundred and ninety (1,590) patients are currently home isolated under the continuous monitoring of the respective County Medical Officer Health (CMOH) offices.
● Four (4) persons have been discharged from public health facilities