The latest COVID-19 Update from the Ministry of Health has recorded no new cases of COVID-19 in this country.
According to the Ministry, as of the afternoon of Saturday 7 June 2020, the number of persons confirmed infected remains at 117.
The Ministry also reports that testing continues apace at CARPHA, with the number samples submitted rising to 3,387.
The following is the complete update from the Ministry…
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO COVID-19 (NOVEL CORONAVIRUS) UPDATE #259
As part of the national drive to safeguard the health of the Trinidad and Tobago population in the face of the global COVID-19 outbreak, the Ministry of Health continues to provide up-to-date information on the country’s status in this regard.
As of the afternoon of Saturday June 7th, 2020, the Ministry reports the following:
3,387 = Number of samples submitted to the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) for testing for COVID-19
117 = Number of samples which have tested positive
8 = Number of deaths
108 = Number of persons discharged
Members of the public are reminded that they must adhere to the ‘New Normal’ recommendations and take the following personal health measures to protect themselves and their loved ones from COVID-19:
* Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public
* Keep your distance from others (6 feet)
* Stay home if you are ill
* Clean then sanitise surfaces (e.g. tabletops, door knobs and cell phones)
* Wash your hands often with soap and waters or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser
* Cough into a tissue or into the cook of your elbow
* Avoid touching your face
If you or a loved one develops symptoms of COVID-19, please call the hotline 877-WELL or 800-WELL (9355) for further guidance.
If the person is severely ill, call the 811 (emergency hotline) or call ahead to the Accident and Emergency Department of your nearest hospital for help and go in immediately.
The Government of Trinidad and Tobago will continue to update the public via its official communication channels such as:
– The Ministry of Health’s website (health.gov.tt);
– The relevant social media pages of these entities (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).