The Ministry of Health is reporting in its afternoon report for today, Sunday 9 August 2020, that there are no new COVID-19 cases.
As such, the total number of persons who have tested positive since testing for COVID-19 began earlier this year, remains at 279.
The following is the complete clinical update from the Ministry…
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO COVID-19 (NOVEL CORONAVIRUS) UPDATE #387
As part of the national drive to safeguard the health of the Trinidad and Tobago population in the face of the global COVID-19 outbreak, the Ministry of Health continues to provide up-to-date information on the country’s status in this regard.
The Ministry of Health provides the following clinical update as of the afternoon of Sunday 9th August 2020:
|10,823||Number of samples submitted to the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) for testing for COVID-19|
|279||Number of samples which have tested positive|
|8||Number of deaths|
|135||Number of persons discharged|
Members of the public are reminded that they must adhere to the ‘New Normal’ recommendations and take the following personal health measures to protect themselves and their loved ones from COVID-19:
● Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public
● Keep your distance from others (6 feet)
● Stay home if you are ill
● Clean then sanitise surfaces (e.g. tabletops, door knobs and cell phones)
● Wash your hands often with soap and waters or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser
● Cough into a tissue or into the cook of your elbow
● Avoid touching your face
If you or a loved one develops symptoms of COVID-19, please call the hotline 877-WELL or 800-WELL (9355) for further guidance.
If the person is severely ill, call the 811 (emergency hotline) or call ahead to the Accident and Emergency Department of your nearest hospital for help and go in immediately.
The Government of Trinidad and Tobago will continue to update the public via its official communication channels such as:
● The Ministry of Health’s website (health.gov.tt);
● The Ministry of Communications websites (moc.gov.tt and news.gov.tt); and
● The relevant social media pages of these entities (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).