2959949
Patriotic Energies and Technologies Limited director Ozzie Warwick

There is no update on the status of the sale of the refinery to Patriotic Energies and Technologies Company.

Director at the union-owned company, Ozzi Warwick yesterday told Guardian Media that they have not heard anything from the Government since the end of November.

Patriotic submitted a proposal on October 31 ahead of the deadline, but that proposal was later rejected. Two days later Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley intervened and gave a mandate for a recommissioned Evaluation Committee to review all proposals for the Pointe-a-Pierre refinery.

The Committee conducted its investigations and submitted its findings to Cabinet on November 30, but since then there has been no word from Cabinet as to whether or not Patriotic’s proposal was accepted.

“The PM said it was with them so they have to say what’s the hold up,” Warwick said in response to questions for an update on the outstanding matter.

Guardian Media reached out to Energy Minister Franklin Khan but there was no response.

Guardian Media also reached out to the chairman of NP, Sahid Hosein who is also on the Evaluation Committee appointed by Cabinet to evaluate the bids.

When asked for an update, Hosein would only say that he “can’t” say anything on the matter.

He did not respond to follow up questions about whether he could not give an update or whether there was no update to give.

Patriotic is wholly-owned by the Oilfields Workers Trade Union (OWTU) who put in a bid for the refinery and was selected for the purchase.

Since then though there has been no major movement on the matter.