The announcements from the COVID-19 briefing hosted by Prime Minister Dr Keith Rowley are:
• Next weekend will hopefully be the last weekend for the 7 pm to 5 am curfew
• The construction sector and associated businesses may soon be able to resume activities
• The plan to reopen borders by the second week of July is still on track with conditions
• Public Health Regulations will most likely be extended past July 4.
• In the next 2 weeks all of the vaccines available for a first dose will be used up. The shipment of 33,600 doses from the COVAX facility expected in July along with another Sinopharm shipment from China. Johnson & Johnson vaccines from the African Medical Supply expected in August.
• The parallel health care system is less burdened than it was last week. The overall occupancy has been slowly declining and is now at 60 per cent.
• In total, 176,849 persons have received their first dose and 39,142 persons have received both doses. The Health Ministry’s goal is to fully vaccinate 188,900 people by July 31.