The 28-year-old Petit Valley contract sanitation worker assigned to the Port of Spain City Corporation, who claimed he was threatened at gunpoint to dump garbage on the streets of east Port of Spain during protests earlier this week, was granted bail in the sum of $40,000 by a Justice of the Peace on Thursday.
Lance Cupidore, of Cameron Road, appeared in the Port of Spain Second Court yesterday on two charges of wilfully obstructing the free passage of a road and littering.
He pleaded not-guilty.
He will reappear on March 21st.
Aaron Albert, 34, has been granted $200,000 bail after being charged with four counts of sexual penetration against a 14-year-old girl.
The following is a press release from the TTPS;
A Laventille man was granted $200,000 bail, when he appeared before a Port of Spain Magistrate on Monday 30th October, 2017, charged with four counts of sexual penetration against a 14-year-old girl.
A 36-year-old Marabella man has been granted $150,000 bail, after pleading not guilty, to a charge of being in possession of 6.7 kilogrammes of marijuana, for the purpose of trafficking.
Nicholas Gopaul, a labourer, of Ghandi Street, Marabella, appeared before Magistrate Natalie Hamilton-Diop, in the San Fernando 2nd Magistrates’ Court this morning, to answer to the charge.
The matter was adjourned to Monday 10th July, 2017.
A 28-year-old woman charged with importing 19 illegal firearms in a shipping barrel containing dog food has been granted $350,000 in bail.
Hafeisha Dillon, a geriatric nurse from Globe Theatre Lane, San Juan, was granted bail after she appeared before Magistrate Nanette Forde-John in the Port-of-Spain Magistrate’s Court charged under the Customs Act with importing prohibited items into T&T.
Car dealer Sheron Sukhdeo will spend the night in prison as he has been refused bail on a charge of breaching a protection order.
Sukhdeo, 28 of Caroni Savannah Road, Chaguanas appeared before magistrate Wendy Dougdeen-Bally today.
He pleaded not guilty to the charge.
His attorney Taradath Singh requested bail for Sukhdeo and the magistrate asked for his passport be produced.
He will return to court on Thursday at which time the court expects to receive his passport to allow the magistrate to make a decision.
A 22-year-old Cunupia man was granted bail, after appearing before a Chaguanas Magistrate today, charged with nine counts of robbery with aggravation.
Justin Heeraman, of Chin Chin Road, Cunupia, who stood before Senior Magistrate Jo-Anne Connor, was not called upon to plead, as the charge was laid indictably.
Heeraman, was arrested and charged on Sunday 9th April, 2017, by officers of the Cunupia Police Station, in connection with the robbery of a proprietor and patrons of a bar in Cunupia, on April 4th, 2017, of $38,000 worth in valuables.
A California woman suspected of murdering the father of her two children is hoping to be released from prison after raising $65m (£52m) bail.
Tiffany Li, 31, posted $4m in cash and pledged $61m in property, raised from a group of friends, family and business associates, the Associated Press said.
The bail had been set at $35m, but California courts require double the amount if property is used.
Her lawyer said she was "well-liked in the community", the LA Times reported.
A 29-year-old Point Fortin man accused of attacking his former girlfriend and their one-year-old daughter at Mount St Benedict, last week, has been released on $300,000 bail.
Rayon Stanislaus, an employee of Petrotrin was granted bail after appearing before senior magistrate Indrani Cedeno in the Tunapuna Magistrate's Court yesterday morning.
Stanislaus was charged with the attempted murder of 32-year-old Iyanna Hercules and wounding their daughter with intent to cause her grievous bodily harm.
The 58-year-old La Horquetta man facing charges for exposing himself to a 7-year-old girl has been granted $95,000 bail.
On Monday the man appeared before an Arima Magistrate after he was charged by Northern Division officers after statements were recorded from persons who detained the individual.
The man was also ordered to stay out of contact with the young girl.
The matter has been adjourned to April 3rd.
Last Thursday the man was caught in the back seat of a vehicle with the girl.
A father of three has been refused bail after appearing in court on several charges of false imprisonment, rape, robbery and attempted murder of a police officer on the morning of the Local Government Election, November 28th.
33-year-old Afteba Huggins of South Oropouche, was read the charges by Magistrate Amina Deonarinesingh when he appeared in the Siparia Magistates' Court.
Court prosecutor Seargent Anthony Baptiste objected to bail.
Huggins was told he could apply to a judge in chambers for bail.