A 29-year-old Point Fortin man accused of attacking his former girlfriend and their one-year-old daughter at Mount St Benedict, last week, has been released on $300,000 bail.
Rayon Stanislaus, an employee of Petrotrin was granted bail after appearing before senior magistrate Indrani Cedeno in the Tunapuna Magistrate's Court yesterday morning.
Stanislaus was charged with the attempted murder of 32-year-old Iyanna Hercules and wounding their daughter with intent to cause her grievous bodily harm.
The 58-year-old La Horquetta man facing charges for exposing himself to a 7-year-old girl has been granted $95,000 bail.
On Monday the man appeared before an Arima Magistrate after he was charged by Northern Division officers after statements were recorded from persons who detained the individual.
The man was also ordered to stay out of contact with the young girl.
The matter has been adjourned to April 3rd.
Last Thursday the man was caught in the back seat of a vehicle with the girl.
A father of three has been refused bail after appearing in court on several charges of false imprisonment, rape, robbery and attempted murder of a police officer on the morning of the Local Government Election, November 28th.
33-year-old Afteba Huggins of South Oropouche, was read the charges by Magistrate Amina Deonarinesingh when he appeared in the Siparia Magistates' Court.
Court prosecutor Seargent Anthony Baptiste objected to bail.
Huggins was told he could apply to a judge in chambers for bail.
A Diego Martin charged with possession of a firearm, ammunition, marijuana and camouflage outifts, have been granted bail totalling $250,000 after appearing in court to answer the charges.
Magistrate Adrian Darmanie granted bail of $150,000 to 34-year-old Luke Camacho and $100,000 to his wife 30-year-old Jenna Marie Camacho.
The following is a statement by the Police Service.
"A Diego Martin couple appeared in court for possession of a firearm, ammunition, marijuana and camouflage clothing yesterday, Tuesday 22nd November, 2016.
A Rio Claro grandmother accused of tricking five people into giving her $150,000 in exchange for Government houses was yesterday remanded to the Women’s Prison, Arouca.
Soomaria Mahabal, 59, who was arrested at her home Deep Ravine Road on Friday appeared in the San Fernando First Magistrates’ Court on five charges of larceny by trick.
It is alleged that she took sums of money, totalling $153,270, from five people in Rio Claro between June and August 2015.
A 29-year-old man charged with sexual grooming of an 11-year-old girl has been released on $50,000 bail following his second appearance before a Chaguanas magistrate.
Neil Bissessar had been remanded in custody pending a criminal trace when he appeared in court on Monday to answer the charges.
He reappeared in court this morning and the court was told that the trace revealed that he had a previous run-in with the law for possession of marijuana.
SEE ALSO: Mom nabs "predator"
Port-of-Spain magistrate Adrian Darmanie has set bail of $150,000 for footballer Damani Richards, who has been charged with possession of a firearm, ammunition and marijuana.
This follows a police search at his Powder Magazine, Cocorite home on Tuesday morning
Government is seeking to extend the law that denies bail for some crimes involving gang activity, kidnapping and the illegal possession of firearms, by another two years.
Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister and the Office of the Attorney General and Legal Affairs Stuart Young told today's post-Cabinet news conference that the legislation will expire on August 14th.
The legislation was brought to the Parliament by the former UNC-regime and supported by the Opposition PNM.