Ministry of Health

HEALTH MINISTRY: There is no flu outbreak

The ministry of health is doubling down on its insistence that there is no flu outbreak in Trinidad and Tobago.

In an official statement, the ministry is reasserting that suspected influenza cases for the last three years have been on the decline.

The ministry said there were 6,500 cases in 2016, but that dropped to just over 2,000 for this year, so far.

One hundred thousand doses of the influenza vaccine will be given to all hospitals and health centres throughout Trinidad and Tobago. The ministry says that process should be completed by Friday.

SWRHA: Claims of neglect are untrue

Claims that a female patient remained unattended to after collapsing at the San Fernando General Hospital are being refuted.
According to a statement issued by the South West Regional Authority, the circulation of an image on social media with a caption indicating that the patient was left on the floor because there were no ward attendants are untrue. 

Pages