The Ministry of Works and Transport wishes to advise the general public that there will be a temporary traffic disruption along the Eastern Main Road, from Curepe Junction to the UWI tunnels, St. Augustine (Opposite Lakshmi Girls Hindu College), tonight.
According to an advisory from the Ministry, the disruption is necessary in order to facilitate road rehabilitation works, and will take place from 8:00 pm on Saturday 11th July 2020, to 4:00 am on Sunday 19th July 2020.
The Ministry is advising motorists to comply with the following:
- Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs and barriers.
- Drive at a reduced speed on approaching the work zone.
- Comply with instructions from police officers on site to facilitate a safe and orderly flow of traffic.
- Be aware of heavy equipment entering and exiting the site.
- Drive with caution on all milled (possibly uneven) surfaces.