Neisha Guy receiving oxygen while in hospital with COVID-19.

A burnt body was discovered in a drain in Carenage early yesterday.

The victim’s charred remains were discovered by a passerby around 7 am along Sea View Road.

It is reported that a pillow had been placed over the victim’s face, while the legs were chained together.

Residents in the area claimed not to know the victim who remained unidentified up to last evening.

Asked if anyone had been reported missing in the area recently, the curious persons who had ventured out of their homes said no.

Members of the public who may be able to assist with identifying the victim can contact the nearest police station.

Meanwhile, two men were killed in separate incidents in Arouca and Tacarigua on Saturday.

In the first incident around 11.55 am at Windyhill, Arouca on November 6 – Elijah “Bundles” Joseph, 19, of Bon Air North, was liming behind a nearby house when an unknown man approached him and opened fire.

The masked assailant shot Joseph several times before fleeing the scene on foot.

The injured Joseph was taken to the Arima Health Facility by a neighbor but he died while being treated.

In the second incident around 4 pm on Saturday, 38-year-old Mark Scindian also known as “Rat” or “Ratty” was shot dead at his home where he operates the M and M Café at Thomas and Alexander Streets, Dinsley, Tacarigua.

Arouca police received information that gunshots had been fired at the location and arrived to find Scindian lying on his stomach, bleeding from several gunshot wounds about the body.

He died at the scene.

Reports claim three men were seen running away from the shop following the shooting.

Forensic officers were able to retrieve 15 spent shells at the scene.

And in another incident at Unity Trace, Windyhill, Bon Air North, Arouca around 8.30 pm yesterday – Kevin Mayers was injured when he intervened in a family dispute.

Mayers was at home when he heard a close family member being threatened by her 20-year-old boyfriend of Clarence Trace, Valencia.

As the girl’s mother cautioned the couple about their behaviour, the suspect began threatening her and allegedly told her, “I going for my fire to kill you.”

Approximately ten minutes later, the suspect emerged from his Nissan B14 car with a cutlass in his hand and approached Mayers, whom he dealt several chops to both hands and left side of the head.

Mayers was taken to the Arima Health Facility by a neighbour, where he was treated and then transferred to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex, Mt Hope.

Around 10:45 pm yesterday, officers on mobile patrol along the Eastern Main Road, Arouca, when they intercepted the suspect’s vehicle and arrested him.

Investigations are continuing into all incidents.