Investigations continue into the three separate shooting incidents which left two persons dead and one person critically wounded...

There were three shootings on Thursday night, in three separate incidents which left two persons dead and one wounded.

In the first incident, just over two months since both his siblings were killed along with his uncle, Devon Chuniesingh was shot and wounded outside his house at Getwell Lane, Pinto Road Arima.

He was taken to the Arima District Hospital where he underwent emergency treatment and is said to be in a critical condition. Police are yet to establish a motive for the attempt on his life, but say they are not ruling out that it may be connected to the murder of his siblings and uncle on January 6.

A 31-year-old man, Nathaniel Ellis, 31, of Pinto Road, Arima, was subsequently charged for the murders of Damien Chuniesingh, 39, Polly Chuniesingh, 31, both of Getwell Avenue, Pinto Road, Arima and their uncle, Canadian national, Deoraj Chuniesingh, 55.

In the second incident, at about 10.10 pm, a man named only as “Chase” was at Bournes Road, near an area known as Woodbine, when two masked gunmen approached him and shot him several times. Police said he was shot in the head. The gunmen then escaped.

Chase was taken to the St James Medical Complex, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

In the third incident, police officers are investigating the death of a police constable, who was on duty in Laventille.

According to a police report, at about 9 pm, the officer—identified as PC Ramsaran of the Inter Agency Task Force—was on patrol with another officer and two soldiers when they went to an abandoned house at Desperlie Crescent, Laventille.

According to his colleagues, while there, PC Ramsaran took a phone call from a female relative.

They reportedly overheard him arguing and then heard two gunshots.

They later found him on the ground bleeding from the head. His service pistol was said to be in his hand.

PC Ramsaran was taken to the Port of Spain General Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Investigations on ongoing on all three cases.