The Tobago House of Assembly’s (THA) Secretaries and Assistant Secretaries now have their new portfolios. Most have retained their original portfolios.
According to a release from the Office of the Chief Secretary, Ancil Dennis—the island’s new Chief Secretary—is now responsible for the tourism sector.
The former Tourism Secretary, Nadine Stewart-Phillips, takes up his old portfolio as assistant secretary in the Division of Health, Wellness and Family Development.
And former Chief Secretary, Kelvin Charles, also retains his old portfolio as Secretary of Education, Innovation, and Energy, from which he resigned on April 28.
All other Secretaries and Assistant Secretaries retained their portfolios.
Here is a list of the secretaries and their portfolios.
- Ancil Dennis – Chief Secretary and Secretary of Division of Tourism, Culture, and Transportation.
- Assemblyman Kelvin Charles – Secretary of Education, Innovation, and Energy.
- Assemblyman Clarence Jacob – Secretary of Settlements, Urban Renewal, and Public Utilities.
- Assemblyman Hayden Spencer – Secretary of Food Production, Forestry and Fisheries.
- Assemblyman Marslyn Melville-Jack – Secretary of Community Development, Enterprise Development and Labour.
- Assemblyman Jomo Pitt – Secretary of Sport and Youth Affairs.
- Councillor Tracy Davidson-Celestine – Secretary of Health, Wellness, and Family Development.
- Councillor Kwesi Des Vignes – Secretary of Infrastructure, Quarries, and the Environment.
- Councillor Nadine Stewart-Phillips – Assistant Secretary, Division of Health, Wellness and Family Development.
According to the release, the Chief Secretary advised the President to make the appointment based on the THA’s Act #40 of 1996
All Executive Council positions became vacant on May 12, 2020, when Dennis was sworn-in as Chief Secretary by President Paula-Mae Weekes, the release said.