There are seven additional COVID-19 cases in Tobago, bringing the total number of recorded cases on the island to 32, as of Sunday 23 August 2020.
This is according to the latest update from Tobago’s Division of Health, Wellness and Family Development.
The release said the sources of the seven new COVID-positive cases are under investigation.
Here is the full release.
UPDATE #25 – CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19) IN TOBAGO
Wilson Road – 23rd August, 2020, 2:30pm:
The Division hereby notifies the public that seven (7) additional cases tested positive for COVID-19 in Tobago. The sources of all seven cases are pending. All established protocols have since been implemented, inclusive of contact tracing, which is ongoing.
• Number of active COVID-19 cases being treated in Tobago currently = 25
• Total positive cases of COVID-19 recorded in Tobago = 32
• Number of persons discharged from quarantine facilities in Tobago = 136
The public is reminded that COVID-19 is not over, so ensure to practice all preventative measures, which include:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public
• Cover your cough or sneeze with your flexed elbow, or with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
• Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
• Stay at home when you are sick and call the hotline at 800-HEAL (4325).
• Practice physical distancing (6 feet away from persons).
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces (door handles, cell phones etc.)
If persons have flu-like symptoms, stay at home and call the COVID-19 Hotline, toll free at 800 HEAL (4325).