Two more persons have tested positive for COVID-19 in Tobago, according to an update from the THA’s Division of Health, Wellness and Family Development.
Here is the division’s full press release on the situation.
UPDATE #18 – CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19) IN TOBAGO
Wilson Road, 13th August, 2020:
The Division hereby notifies the public that two (2) additional cases tested positive for COVID-19 in Tobago. Both are contacts of a recently positive COVID-19 case. All established protocols have since been implemented, inclusive of contact tracing, which is ongoing.
The total positive COVID-19 cases in Tobago now stands at eight (8).
The public is reminded that COVID-19 is not over, so ensure to practice all preventative measures, which include:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when you go out in public
• Cover your cough or sneeze with your flexed elbow, or with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
• Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
• Stay at home when you are sick and call the hotline at 800-HEAL (4325).
• Practice physical distancing (6 feet away from persons).
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces (door handles, cell phones etc.)
If persons have flu-like symptoms, stay at home and call the COVID-19 Hotline, toll free at 800 HEAL (4325).