The Trinbago Unified Calypsonians’ Association (TUCO) Tobago Zone has not received its 2020 Carnival allocation from the Tobago House of Assembly (THA).
Neither does it know its allocation for the 2020 Carnival, says its president Ainsley King.
He said a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), between his organisation and the Tobago Festivals Commission (TFC), also remains unsigned because “parts of the document put TUCO back to where it was before it took the commission to court last year.”
King is also accusing Tobago Festivals Director George Leacock of withholding TUCO 2020 funds because TUCO Trinidad is “under investigation.”
Leacock denied any wrongdoing, saying the court had ordered TUCO to make two applications for funding.
One application was to the Division of Community Development and the other the Tobago Festivals Commission (TFC).
Additionally, TUCO has to sign the MOU with the TFC, Leacock said.
On Wednesday afternoon, Leacock told Guardian Media he “became aware of TUCO Trinidad’s situation three minutes ago.”
He also said: “The Tobago Festivals Commission has been given $800,000 for TUCO.”
TUCO Tobago’s lawyer Martin George said the matter is receiving attention.