As of 8:00 am today, the Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA) reopened three of its four remaining Customer Service Centres, at Golden Grove Road, Trincity; Southern Main Road, Couva; and Dookie Street, Penal, effective Tuesday 26th May 2020.
A news release from WASA confirms that the opening hours for the Centres are 8:00 a.m. to Noon, Monday to Friday.
WASA says the total number of centres now reopened are eleven out of twelve, as the Arima Centre currently is being relocated from Sorzano Street to O’Meara Road. That Centre will be opened on a date to be announced in June 2020.
The New Services Department at Head Office, St. Joseph, has also been reopened, with Mondays and Thursdays reserved for meeting with applicants for plumbing and building development approval strictly on an appointment basis. To make an appointment, customers are asked to call 662-2302 (extensions 2634, 2691and 2699).
WASA customers are reminded that the following health and safety protocols remain in place to ensure the safety of employees and customers alike:
- A face mask must be worn by anyone entering the Authority’s facilities;
- Hands must be washed at the sinks provided with soap and water before entering;
- Social distancing guidelines must be observed within and immediately outside the Centres; and
- Thermal scanning will be carried out and persons displaying high body temperatures and/or flu-like symptoms will not be allowed to enter.
The Authority advises further that bill payments can also be made via:
- Online Payment Portal at: www.wasa.gov.tt;
- WASA Services App available via the Play Store;
- Any commercial bank;
- Western Union; and
- Sure Pay.
WASA’s commercial customers are advised that there are cheque deposit boxes at each of the above-mentioned centres, available for the payment of bills.
Customers in need of assistance with respect to applications for Clearance Certificates, e-Bills, Billing Queries or new service applications are advised to email: [email protected] or [email protected]