Residents in parts of South West Trinidad served by the Chatham Water Treatment Plant are being advised that the water supply interruption they are experiencing currently, should be sorted out by the end of today.
According to an advisory issued by the Water and Sewerage Authority, the interruption in their pipe borne water supply on Thursday 25th June 2020, will be between the hours of 7.00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
WASA explains that the disruption is necessary due to a planned works by the Trinidad and Tobago Electricity Commission (T&TEC) at their Point Fortin Sub-Station, which will affect the power supply to the Chatham Water Treatment Plant.
Customers are reminded that it may take up to 24 hours for the service to normalize to some affected areas, in accordance with pipe borne water supply schedules.
Affected areas include:
• Quarry Village • Los Bajos
• Rancho Quemado • Waddle Village
• Bennet Village • Chatham North
• Santa Flora • Chatham South
• Palo Seco • Boodram Trace
• Sheila Lamorell Gardens • Point Coco
• Dickie Trace • Augustusville
• Unity Road • Coromandel Road
• Cap De Ville Tank
• Southern Main Road from Cap De Ville Junction to Point Coco Ext. Junction
For further information or assistance, customers are asked to contact WASA’s Customer Call Centre toll free at 800-4420 or 800-4426.