Nikeisha Allen, murder victim

Police are investigating three separate murders that occurred just before the start of curfew on Sunday night.

One of the victims was identified as Nikeisha Allen, 36, who was stabbed by a female relative during an altercation.

According to a police report, around 6:30 pm Sunday police officers responded to a report of a fight at Simeon Road, Petit Valley. On arrival, they met a man, who pointed out an area, and told police that his cousin Allen had been stabbed and that he and her brother Kevon Allen, had taken her to the St James Medical Facility.

He also revealed that at 7:05 pm Allen succumbed to her injuries while being treated.

Investigations revealed more than half an hour before she was killed that evening, Allen and her female cousin were at home when they had an altercation. The cousin was in the kitchen cleaning and at the time was washing a knife when Allen reportedly threw dirty water on her. The cousin got annoyed, a physical fight broke out and Allen was stabbed.

The cousin was later detained by police.

Allen worked as a labourer at the Diego Martin Regional Corporation and was the mother of three children.

In Valencia, Alvin Jones, 51, of Alexis Circular, Plantation Road, Valencia was found lying face up in a box drain on the western side of the roadway.

His body was found just after 8 pm. Officers who responded observed what appeared to be stab wounds under Jones’ left arm.

DMO Dr Cordice visited the scene, viewed the body and ordered its removal for a post mortem at the Forensic Science Centre.

And in Santa Cruz, just as the curfew began at 9 pm Winston Dennie also called “Shakka”, 42, of Moraldo Trace, Sam Boucaud, Santa Cruz was gunned down at his home.

Another man, 38, was also wounded.

Police said officers received a report of a shooting at Lp No. 5C Moraldo Trace, Sam Boucaud, Santa Cruz. When they arrived they met and interviewed a man, who reported that around 9 pm he walked inside after liming outside of his house but did not close the door behind him.

Upon entering the house, he heard his uncle say, “gunmen in de yard.”

He went and told his father about the gunmen.

By that time, two armed men had entered the house, one of them had a red rag over his head, a black mask covering his face and armed with a handgun while the second one had his face uncovered.

The first gunman ordered them to get down on the floor, however, Dennie refused and got into a scuffle with one of the gunmen in an attempt to disarm him.

The gunmen then fired several shots hitting him about his body and wounding another man.

Dennie ran out of the house and collapsed in the yard. The gunmen ran away through a nearby track and escaped.

Both men were taken to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex (EWMSC) where Dennie was pronounced dead on arrival.

The other wounded man was reported to be in a stable condition at the EWMSC with non-life-threatening injuries.

Officers of the North Eastern Division Task Force arrested three men who were hiding close to the crime scene soon after the fatal shooting.

Investigations are continuing.